Etiketler:

Orchard Hotel: Gem in Union Square

When I first stayed here, I had considered it one of San Francisco's best kept secrets. Well, the secret's out and, consequently, the prices have risen somewhat since I was there. But I would still recommend this hotel without hesitation. My room was well appointed and immaculate. The location of the hotel is perfect, situated between Nob Hill and Union Square, and a block or two from Chinatown and the #30 bus to the Marina and Fisherman's Wharf (go if you must) or, in the other direction, the bus to AT&T Park. There is a very good restaurant right on the corner of Bush and Powell.

The block up to the hotel from Sutter to Bush Street is a bit steep if you walk up Powell. If you can't or don't want to walk up the hill, go up Stockton Street and walk up the stairs under the Stockton tunnel. It's a bit further from the hotel once on Bush, but at least you won't need a respirator.

* Add to Your Trip Planner
* Opinion of Price: about average

The Orchard Hotel: Great Location At Affordable Rates!

This amazing 10-storey boutique hotel has an EXCELLENT city center location. It is right in the heart of Union Square i.e. the shopping district of San Francisco. Wow, right? In fact on some days, I chose to walk down busy Bush Street to the Financial District rather than take the complimentary transportation provided by the hotel.

The hotel staff working here are exceptionally polite and wonderful. However, I wasn't given a 'room with a view' during my last visit here (even though I stayed at the hotel for 3 weeks!). Tsk, Tsk. My room actually faced a brick wall; I believe it was the wall of the building next door.

I would highly recommend this superb hotel - for it's fantastic location to all the major attractions and transportation. Also, the affordable hotel rates charged made my 3-weeks stay here highly memorable.

Note: You can also take advantage of the complimentary Town Car service provided for all hotel guests in the mornings at 7:15 a.m. and again at 8:30 a.m. Destination? The Financial District.

* Add to Your Trip Planner
* Opinion of Price: about average
* Related To: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel
* Updated August 26, 2006

Comments (0)

Yorum Gönder

Google kullanıcı değilseniz yorumlama biçiminden Anonimi seçerek yorum yazın..!!